Czochralski 2017 award in recognition of her research work in the area of Advanced Materials Science by the Polish Academy of Sciences in conjunction with the European Society for Research on Materials (E-MRS), the Polish Society of Materials Science and the Polish Crystal Growth Society.
The award ceremony will be held on 20 September 2017 in Warsaw during the annual fall conference of the European Materials Research Society.
• Innovation INCM (Imprensa Nacional-Casa da Moeda) award by the work Secret paper – an innovative, low-cost approach, deliver by the Minister of the presidency and of administrative modernisation of Portugal, Prof. Maria Manuel Leitão Marques;
• Blaise Pascal Medal by the European Academy of Sciences in the area of Materials Science.
• Finalist for the European Inventor Award 2016 with Prof. Rodrigo Martins with the work on paper electronics.
• Selected by the Portuguese President of Republic to be the President of the National Day (10 June) with the duty to speak about Science, Innovation and New Opportunities.
• Gold Medal from the Municipality of Alcanena/Portugal; Honourable Mention in the area of Research by FCT-UNL/Portugal; Honourable Mention in the area of Extension by FCT-UNL/Portugal.
• Scientific Prize of City of Almada, 1st edition/Portugal; Prize Green Awards, Lab-on-Paper/Portugal; Prize Innovation with the work solar tiles, Energy Live Expo, Lisbon/Portugal
• Nominated Körber European Science Award 2011 (short list 8), Koerber Foundation/Germany.
• Order of “Infante D. Henrique, attributed by the President of the Portuguese Republic/Portugal;
• Gold Mercury Sustainability Personality of the Year/Italy.
• Unanimous congratulatory vote by the Portuguese Parliament for her scientific career;
• The Research and Technology 2008-09 award, from the Rotary 1960 District/Portugal;
• Person of the Year 2009, Association for Multimedia and Digital Society/Portugal;
• 1st place in “Green Awards 2009” for the paper transistor work; Elected honorary member of the Rotary Club of Almada/PT;
• EU Women Inventors & Innovators Network: Transparent Electronics and Paper-e/Finland; Doctor Honoris Causa by Galati University/Romania;
• IDTechEx Printed Electronics USA 2009 Academic R&D award/USA.
• Prize “Seeds of Science” in the field of Science and Engineering/Portugal;
• Professional of the Year 2008, by the Rotary Club of Costa Caparica/Portugal;
• Innovation 2008 prize, from Exame Informática magazine/Portugal.